To apply for a posted job you can send a resume’ to:
Northwestern Publishing House
Attn: Vice President of Operations and Human Resources
1250 N. 113th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53226
You may also attach your resume to an email message.
Questions regarding a posted job may be directed to:
Vice President of Operations and Human Resources
Phone: (414) 615-5744
We encourage applicants to review NPH’s Mission, Vision and Ministry statements.
Application forms may be completed at NPH’s retail location: 1250 N. 113th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin or via our online application form.
Northwestern Publishing House is seeking candidates for a full-time position as merchandise buyer for our retail store, ecommerce, book fairs and conventions.
This position is responsible for maximizing NPH’s ministry reach by providing relevant and doctrinally sound books and products. This position is also responsible for increasing sales and maximizing profitability through effective buying and assortment management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts or Business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Three years’ experience in consumer merchandise buying including responsibility for sales, margin, and inventory.
- Strong analysis and forecasting skills.
- Experience in presenting and supporting conclusions to executive level management.
- Demonstrated understanding of product planning, allocation, and distribution practices through online and retail store channels.
- Strong internal relationship management and building experience across all functional areas.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
- The availability to work regular business hours and as required, evenings and weekends.
- The availability to travel periodically to attend and participate in conventions
It is also preferred that the person hired has an understanding of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod beliefs, as well as retail store customer service experience.
for a complete job description.
Updated: May 27, 2015